2 rue Ancelle
Laurent Chatel specialises in local taxation. A partner at the firm since 2003, he works on Territorial Economic Contribution (CET) matters (involving corporate property tax (CFE) and company value-added contributions (CVAE)), property tax on buildings and unbuilt land, tax on certain premises in Ile-de-France, occupancy tax for corporate and individual taxpayers, local tax on external advertising (TLPE) and street tax, tax on commercial premises (TASCOM), public electricity service contributions (CSPE), tax on the removal of household refuse, etc. He assists businesses and public institutions in his areas of expertise both in terms of advice and litigation, and with audits. He also helps local communities more generally to manage their relationships with the State.
Laurent has been lawyer at CMS Francis Lefebvre Avocats since 1990, having started his career with Arthur Andersen Legal. He supports over 700 businesses annually, both with their everyday tax management and with the fiscal implications of their external development or restructuring projects, in all economic sectors in France (agriculture, industry, construction, transport, banking, insurance, distribution, wholesale, energy, delegation of public services, media, services, etc.). He is a member of the tax committees of several professional organisations (such as MEDEF, AFIC, SFIF, UNICEM, CGI, etc.) and was an expert auditor during the Taxation Conference (a committee set up in 2014 to reform the French tax system) in early 2014.
- Arthur Andersen (1987-1989)
- Lecturer on the DESS course in Paris and the DJCE course in Strasbourg
- Post-graduate degree (DESS) in Corporate Law and Taxation, University of Paris II - Panthéon-Assas (1987)
- Member of ACE (French Association of Corporate Legal Advisors)
- Member of IACF (French Institute of Tax Lawyers)
- Cotisation foncière des entreprises (CFE) : vérifications et formalités indispensables en cette fin d’année, co-author - Option Finance (25/11/2013)
- Régimes fiscaux des acteurs économiques des centres commerciaux - ODA (18/09/2013)
- La détention d’immeuble via une société : les sociétés de personnes conservent un intérêt, co-author - Option Finance (29/04/2013)
- Comment remplir les déclarations 6660 REV portant réforme des valeurs locatives foncières ? - La Lettre de l'Immobilier Option Finance (25/03/2013)
- Cotisation foncière des entreprises (CFE) : vérifications et formalités indispensables en cette fin d’année, co-author - Option Finance (03/12/2012)
- Contribution économique territoriale en pratique - Option Finance (26/04/2011)