78 Cannon Street
Adam is a partner in our London Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution team.
Adam advises on a range of complex commercial litigation and arbitration disputes with a particular interest in international cross-border asset tracing and recovery cases, shareholder disputes, product liability and professional negligence claims. Qualified for 30 years, Adam often project manages disputes in multiple jurisdictions, obtaining worldwide freezing injunctions and attachment orders.
Adam also advises and lectures on the UK’s Bribery Act 2010, including compliance, internal and criminal investigations, defence, and related civil claims.
- A client on international arbitration against the foreign government on breach of contract and tort claims for value in excess of $100m.
- Shareholders on a $400m claim in relation to ownership of a mobile telephony company.
- A foreign bank on the recovery of a $60m debt in which the security provided to the bank was fraudulent.
- A number of defendants on a dispute with a Middle-Eastern royal family involving allegations of fraud, value $250m.
- A mobile telephone manufacturer on a $2bn fraud by a Turkish industrialist family.
- A ship owner on a $300m shipbuilding dispute.
- Pension trustees on a highly complex cross-border $500m fraud.
- A FTSE 100 house building company on a wide-ranging national and international corruption investigation.
- Advising on several very large disputes relating to the "aluminium wars" in Russia involving staged bankruptcies, illegal share dilutions, corrupt local courts and other forms of corporate fraud.
- 1984 – Solicitors Finals, The College of Law, Guildford
- 1983 – LL.B. Hons, The University of Essex, Colchester
- Member, Russo-British Chamber of Commerce.
- Committee Member, Commercial Litigators Forum