1 West Regent Street
Alan Nelson is a partner and a very experienced IT and information lawyer.
He has advised a large number of public and private sector bodies on a variety of IT, outsourcing deals and significant commercial contracts. He has a particular expertise in the financial services sector.
Over the last 15 years he has led teams advising clients on some of their most complex high value IT and outsourcing projects.
- A leading UK bank on its GBP 700m datacentre/infrastructure outsourcing to IBM.
- The Scottish public sector on procuring the SWAN network, the first significant shared services IT project undertaken in Scotland. It is a GBP 100m+ wide area network contract with Capita.
- A number of financial services organisation on the development of innovative services including mobile banking apps and digital wallet solutions.
- Scottish Water: principal advisor on the negotiation and implementation of its co-sourcing strategy for its IT function with three suppliers simultaneously (BT, Fujitsu and TCS).
- The contractual arrangements to support the operation of the largest ATM estate in the UK.
- The outsourcing of a number of financial services operations including mortgage processing, credit card processing, complaints handling and PPI remediation.
- A number of financial services clients on large outsourcing projects including with Accenture, Infosys, Genpact, BT, Cushman & Wakefield and many others.
1998 - Dip LP, University of Glasgow, Glasgow
1997 - LLB (Hons), University of Glasgow, Glasgow