78 Cannon Street
Alex Patience is a partner in the International Finance Practice. He has over 20 years of experience in negotiating and structuring transactions in syndicated and leveraged finance, real estate finance, traditional and hybrid asset backed lending and restructuring.
He regularly acts for lenders, including clearing banks, investment banks, super senior lenders, unitranche lenders, mezzanine lenders and funds, while also successfully acting for borrowers, including listed companies, SMEs and private equity.
Alex’s clients benefit from his wide-ranging experience as he looks to find simple, commercial solutions to often complex problems, saving time and cost. Legal 500 supports this, noting in 2014 that Alex is “good at finding solutions in difficult negotiations”. Chambers also ranks Alex and describes him as a “very practical and sensible” lawyer “who has good banking clients”.
- Syndicate of banks on GBP 200m working capital facilities to the BBC.
- Syndicate of banks on EUR 450m working capital facilities to C&C Group plc, owners of Magners and Bulmers.
- The Start Up Loan Company on its facilities for on-lending to entrepreneurs from The Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills.
- Crescent Capital on EUR 53m unitranche facilities to a Carlyle backed SPV to acquire a global IT solutions and business information services provider based in Spain and Portugal.
- Sinclair IS Pharma plc on their GBP 69m unitranche acquisition facilities.
- Strix Group on its facilities and in particular debt buybacks and “hollow tranche” facilities.
- James Dewhurst Limited on its asset backed facilities.
- Bank of Scotland on its restructuring of real estate finance to the Scarborough Group and international lending to affiliated Hong Kong ventures.
- Syndicate of banks on their acquisition and asset backed facilities to Kelway, the IT services and solutions provider to fund CDW Corporation’s buy-out of the company.
- Syndicate of banks on GBP 93m working capital facilities to WH Smith plc.
- 1998 – College of Law, London
- 1996 – LLB (Hons), European Law and Languages, University of the West of England, Bristol