Head of Oil & Gas
Head of Oil & Gas
78 Cannon Street
Bob Palmer is the Head of our Energy, Projects and Construction Team (EPC) and a partner in the Oil & Gas Team.
He has specialised for over 30 years in oil and gas law in the many different parts of the world. Bob is a leading international oil and gas practitioner. As well as a significant practice in Europe much of Bob's work is in Russia, the Middle East, Asia, South America and throughout Africa.
He has been a partner in the firm since 1997. Between 1989 and 1997 he worked at Shell in London, Brunei and Australia.
- OMV on purchase of stake in Russian gas fields USD 1.85bn.
- Repsol on the sale of its Trinidad & Tobago subsidiary to Perenco.
- Statoil on the sale of UKCS and NCS assets to OMV for USD 2.65bn.
- PA Resources on the sale of producing assets offshore Tunisia to EnQuest for USD 205m.
- OMV on the purchase of various oil & gas assets in Gabon and Namibia.
- BG advice in relation to offshore assets in Trinidad & Tobago.
- Gulfsands on purchases in Tunisia and Morocco.
- Maersk Oil on M&A, farm-ins, contracts and procurement.
- Petrobras Oil & Gas BV on contracts and procurement advice and international arbitrations in Angola.
- Repsol on contracts and procurement advice and arbitration in Algeria.
- Summit Exp, Marubeni Oil & Gas and JX Nippon on various UKCS matters.
- Various companies on farm-ins / sale and purchases in Africa.
- 1986 – MA, Cambridge University
- 1984 - College of Law
- 1983 - BA (Hons) Law, Cambridge University
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Member, Energy Institute
- Member, IBA
- Member, AIPN
- Oil & Gas Infrastructure Midstream agreements (Chapter 9: Tie In Agreements) – Martyn David 1999
- United Kingdom Oil & Gas Law: (Chapter 4: Financing) – Daintith & Willoughby 2009 – to date
- Getting The Deal Through: Oil Regulation – Editor 2011 to date
- 2016 - Cambridge University Law Society.
- 2015 - International Oil & Gas Law, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2014 - Falconbury, Joint Ventures in Oil & Gas, London, UK.
- 2012 - International Law, Development in Shale Gas, Oram, Algeria.
- 2012 - Oil & Gas Laws in Africa: IFLR.
- Many lectures on aspects of law affecting Oil & Gas industry.