1 West Regent Street
Carina Healy is partner in our Technology team with over 20 years experience advising on commercial and IP related transactions. She specialises in lifesciences and acts for a range of biotech, speciality pharma, medical device and medical technology companies. She also has a focus on academic institutions, having worked closely with long standing clients University of Glasgow, Dundee University, and University College London for many years.
Carina regularly advises her clients on large, complex and strategically important IP and commercial arrangements, including in and out licensing, clinical trials, strategic alliances, technology development collaborations, and manufacturing, supply and distribution agreements. She is known for being commercial and pragmatic in finding ways to help her clients and their partners achieve outcomes which are beneficial for both parties
- Roslin Biomed (the “Dolly the Sheep” company) through its lifecycle and on its acquisition by Geron Corp.
- NuCana BioMed on the in-licensing and acquisition of ProTides technology from Morvus and on its subsequent agreements for pre-clinical and clinical development of NuCana’s proprietary oncology products, including Acelarin.
- Evexar Medical on the manufacturing and supply arrangements for its premium, single use, self-illuminated medical devices and on the supply arrangements for human tissue scaffold products
- Consilient Health Limited on the distribution arrangements for Rewisca®.
- Advising on the establishment and operation of the Stratified Medicine Scotland Innovation Centre, a collaborative venture between 4 universities, 4 health boards and 2 industrial partners, including drafting the consortium agreement, and negotiating agreements with suppliers of bioinformatics equipment/ next generation sequencing technology.
- UCL Business on an investment of $20m by now MeiraGTx into Athena Vision, a spin out company established to develop gene therapy products for ocular conditions, including negotiating and advising UCLB on a complex collaboration, development and licence agreement with Meira.
- Advising on the complex contractual, IP and revenue sharing arrangements for BloodPharma, a large multi-party research collaboration funded by Wellcome Trust, for the use of stem cells in the manufacture of red blood cells.
- Glasgow University on many complex IP licensing arrangements over 18 years, including the licensing of vaccines to Wyeth and licensing genetically engineered seed strains to Bayer.
- Dundee University on the arrangements for a large phase IV clinical trial conducted through the Scottish Primary Care Network for a global pharmaceutical company.
- Yantai Jereh, a Chinese oil and gas company, on the in-licensing of various products and technologies from Plexus Plc for development and commercialisation in various Asian markets.
1995 - Law, Dip LP. University of Glasgow, Glasgow
1994 - Law, LLB (Hons), University of Glasgow, Glasgow
Dual Qualified in Scots and English Law