20 Castle Terrace
Catriona Aldridge is a Senior Associate in the employment department.
Praised by clients for her willingness to “get to know the client's organisation” and for her ability to put "complex matters in an easy to understand way", Catriona brings her enthusiasm for understanding her clients' organisations, whether they be private or public sector, to all of her work.
As an associate within the CMS employment team, Catriona represents clients at employment tribunal in relation to complaints including equal pay and discrimination and, because litigation is not always the answer, has helped clients resolve employee disputes through mediation.
Catriona is skilled at advising on sensitive employee relations issues and regularly drafts employment contracts and policies for a range of global clients. A key part of her role is providing training to clients on developments in the field.
Catriona joined CMS as a trainee in 2005 and has been ranked as “One to Watch” by Chambers.
- Project managing the workload created by the multiple equal pay claims lodged against a local authority, together with representing the local authority at the Employment Tribunal and providing strategic advice on issues relating to job evaluation, implementation of the new pay and grading model, pay protection and the management of employee appeals, among other things.
- Regularly appearing at Employment Tribunal on behalf of a media company on an advocacy basis. This service involves attending preliminary and full Hearings across the full spectrum of employment law claims, often on short notice, having received a brief and a set of papers.
- Providing on-going TUPE support to a University for over a year in relation to a transfer arising from a new contract won by the University.
- Providing a monthly legal clinic to a non-departmental public body.
- 2005 – Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh
- 2004 – LL.B (Distinction), University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh
- 2002 – BA (Hons), History with French, University of Durham, Durham