78 Cannon Street
Chris Southorn is a partner in the CMS UK Corporate Team. He has extensive experience in all areas of company law and in advising institutional investors. He advises on the full spectrum of domestic and international corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, fund raisings, corporate finance, investments, joint ventures and reorganisations.
Chris specialises in the financial services sector and leads our insurance sector corporate team.
- MetLife on:
- European aspects of the acquisition of American Life Insurance Company.
- its acquisition from Aviva of life and pensions companies in Czech Republic, Hungary and Romania.
- the reorganisation of its European group.
- on the sale of MetLife Assurance Limited to Rothesay Life.
- Charles Taylor Insurance Services on its strategic investment in Fadata Systems.
- Unum on the acquisition of National Dental Plan.
- Blenheim Chalcot on its equity portfolio.
- The shareholders of TDX Group on its sale to Equifax, Inc.
- Ryan Specialty Group on the sale of Jubilee Managing Agency Limited to ANV Syndicates.
- Towers Watson on the acquisition of Oxford Investment Partners.
1990 - Law Society Finals, Manchester 1988 - MA Law. Emmanuel College, Cambridge