78 Cannon Street
Chris Luck is a Partner in the Funds and Indirect Real Estate team. His main focus is in the real estate and financial sectors for UK and International clients. Transactional activity includes M&A, joint ventures and listing real estate companies as well as setting up and acting for investors in real estate funds.
- Canada Pension Pan Investment Board on the acquisition of Liberty Living and other student accommodation transactions.
- Great Portland Estates on the 100 Bishopsgate joint venture and sale of Rathbone Place.
- Hermes Real Estate on a joint venture for the £800m NOMA scheme in Manchester.
- Land Securities on joint ventures such as the "Walkie Talkie" and transactions including the acquisition of Bluewater, Kent.
- Mayfair Capital Partners on The Property Income Trust for Charities, a fund for UK Charities.
- Mitsubishi Estate on the joint venture with Legal & General for Central St. Giles, London.
- Mitsui Fudosan on the acquisition of City development opportunities.
- REITS on conversions and listings including Great Portland Estates and SEGRO.
- SEGRO on various joint venture arrangements including the Airport Property Partnership.
- 1980-LL.B.,King's College, London
- Chris is a member of the British Property Federation Finance Committee and works with the Property Industry Alliance, Property Finance Forum and EPRA on industry matters including REITs and European regulation such as the Alternative Investment Fund Managers' Directive (AIFMD).
- Chris is also a member of the EPRA Regulatory Committee.
- CMS Focusing on Funds - GDPR May 2018
- CMS Focusing on Funds - Double trouble: Luxembourg and French double tax treaty June 2018
- CMS Focusing on Funds – Tougher tax rules for German real estate July 2018
- CMS Focusing on Funds – Responsibility and sustainability matters (ESG) September 2018
- CMS Focusing on Funds – Changes for overseas owners of UK real estate October 2018
- Chris chairs EPRA’s London Insight for the European quoted real estate sector