Head of Real Estate
Head of Real Estate
78 Cannon Street
Ciaran is The Head of the CMS UK Real Estate Team and co-chair of the CMS Global Real Estate Group and on the CMS UK Board. The clients he works with include a broad range of international and domestic investors (on their own or in joint venture), financiers and developers. Clients (in the public domain) include Angelo Gordon & Co, Blackstone, CBRE Global Investors, City Developments, The Crown Estate, Employees Provident Fund of Malaysia, Legal & General, Lendlease, London & Continental Railways, Savills Investment Management, Union Investment and Urban&Civic.
He is identified as a leader in the field of Real Estate by Chambers UK, Chambers Global and Legal 500 directories. He is also listed in the inaugural edition of Super Lawyers and recognised by Who's Who Legal as Global Elite 2018 as one of the top 8 lawyers amongst Global Elite Thought Leaders in Europe.
Ciaran obtained a diploma in property investment in 2002 (Dip IPF) and he is on the Investment Property Forum's (IPF) Strategic Advisory Group. Ciaran was chairman of the Investment Property Forum in 2016/2017.
In 2016/2017 he led a working group of the IPF which produced a market standard Non-Disclosure Agreement and Exclusivity Agreement for the real estate industry designed to increase the liquidity of real estate transactions. In 2018, Ciaran chaired a working party of fund managers, investment agents, accountants, property companies and financiers for the IPF, which published a paper for the real estate industry "streamlining transactions - improving liquidity in commercial real estate".
- Angelo Gordon & Co – acting on the acquisition and sales of St Ermin’s Hotel, London SW1, 24 King William Street, London EC4 and 55 Gresham Street London EC2.
- Blackstone: sale of Lacon House, London, W1.
- CBRE Global Investors – acquisition of a logistic portfolio across the UK.
- City Developments of Singapore on the acquisitions of Aldgate House London EC1 and 125 Old Broad Street, London EC2.
- Delin – sale of a pan european portfolio to Blackstone.
- Employees Provident Fund of Malaysia – acting on the acquisition of 40 Portman Square, London W1, a portfolio of logistics properties and other investment acquisitions across the UK.
- KWAP - acquisition of the Chimes, Uxbridge in joint venture with Intu.
- Lendlease/LCR - advising on the development of the International Quarter at Stratford and the pre-lets to the Financial Conduct Authority and Transport for London and subsequent forward fundings to Rreef and Legal & General.
- Hanwha Life – acquisition and sale of 1 Wood Street (HQ of Eversheds).
- Smedvig Eiendom - acquisition of development site in London's West End and acquisition of mixed use regeneration site at Maidenhead.
- Union Investment - acquisition of 1 Snowhill, Birmingham, their first UK joint venture with Oxford Properties at Watermark Place, London EC4 and acquisition of the Copyright Building, London, W1.
- Urban & Civic – on acquisition of Alconbury Airfield: a 1100 acre site with consent for 7m square feet of commercial development; U&C‘s reverse takeover of Terrace Hill Group; JV with Aviva of a major regeneration site in Rugby; JV with established land owner for mixed use development in Cambridgeshire.
- IPF, Diploma in Property Investment
- The University of Kent
- Investment Property Forum