Co-Head, Construction & Engineering
Co-Head, Construction & Engineering
78 Cannon Street
David is a partner and Co-Head of the firm’s Construction and Engineering Team. He has 18 years’ industry experience advising on all aspects of infrastructure, construction and energy projects from inception and advising on procurement strategies, through contract preparation and negotiation to contract administration and dispute resolution in the UK, Europe, Australia and the Middle East.
David works closely with his colleagues in the firm's Infrastructure, Energy and Commercial Real Estate sector groups providing non-contentious construction advice to owners, developers, funders, property investment companies, sponsors, occupiers and contractors on a wide range of construction matters including office developments, logistics parks, energy and infrastructure projects, hotels, shopping centres, education and community infrastructure, residential and urban regeneration.
David advises on all major forms of industry standard contracts including JCT, NEC, ICE and FIDIC. David drafts and negotiates bespoke construction and engineering contracts, security documents and direct agreements, professional appointments, development agreements and development obligations under funding agreements.
- AXA on its three building office development at Assembly, Bristol.
- AXA Baytree on its campus-style, WELL-rated logistics development at Baytree Dagenham.
- Beijing Capital Development Holdings on its £200m+ purchase of 30 Crown Place, London, the headquarters of law firm Pinsent Masons, from Korea’s Samsung Asset Management.
- Blackstone on its development of the world’s tallest student accommodation tower at Spitalfields, London.
- British Land on the construction aspects of their multi-stage redevelopment of Eastgate Shopping Centre, Basildon.
- Brockton Capital on the construction aspects of the Fora portfolio, a co-working asset backed venture established in technology-focused and collaborative working parts of central London.
- Brockton Capital on its purchase and development of Brandon House, Borough, London.
- Castleforge Partners on the purchase, redevelopment as the European headquarters of DLA Piper, and the subsequent sale of 160 Aldersgate Street, London.
- Castleforge Partners on the conversion of Carlow House, London from offices to residential accommodation.
- Chester Terrace on the £20m redevelopment of a Grade I listed Regent’s Park residential house.
- Clore Duffield Foundation on the development of the Jewish Community Centre for London, a pavilion building incorporating an enclosed piazza, function rooms, cinema, arts and crafts workshop, cafe and day care centre.
- Delancey on the development of the Rolls Building, London as the United Kingdom’s new flagship Commercial Court and Technology and Construction Court.
- Delancey on the demolition, enabling works and construction of a three tower office and mixed use retail and residential development at Park Street, London.
- Delancey on the redevelopment of the 1,200,000 sq ft 2012 Olympic International Broadcast Centre and its transformation into offices, university accommodation, the new television studios of BT Sport, a data centre and retail offering as well as advising on the development, and subsequent investment, funding of the project.
- Evans Randall on the construction aspects of Evans Randall’s acquisition of the then recently developed 292,500 square feet Drapers Gardens office tower in the City of London, involving a number of complex issues relating to the transfer of construction obligations and documents between trusts.
- GPRL, the Lend Lease-Quintain joint venture project company on its regeneration of Greenwich Peninsula including buildover agreements with Transport for London for the Blackwall Tunnel and the construction of two office buildings at Pier Walk and Mitre Passage.
- Hammerson and Standard Life on the construction obligations for the delivery of a new Transport for London bus station and associated infrastructure as part of the £4bn redevelopment of Brent Cross, London.
- IDI Gazeley on its 950,000 sq ft development of Waitrose’s national distribution centre at Magna Park, Milton Keynes including the £114m sale, and development and funding agreement with Legal & General.
- Inhabit Residential on its Build to Rent portfolio in Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester including all construction obligations, development agreements and development finance.
- Lend Lease on its construction management procurement of the MP1a energy hub at Elephant & Castle, London.
- London Business School on the construction documents for the redevelopment of Old Marylebone Town Hall as its new main campus building to be known as the Sammy Ofer Centre.
- Lone Star on the construction and development obligations of its distressed asset purchase out of administration with development obligations of the mixed use bus station, two hotels, casino, and retail Derby Riverlights scheme and its subsequent sale.
- Market Tech on its comprehensive framework agreement package to redevelop the markets and surrounding area at Camden Town, London.
- Mitsui Fudosan on lettings and construction obligations for its new City office tower, Angel Court.
- The Crown Estate on the construction aspects of the formation of a new joint venture vehicle for its Regent Street portfolio including investigations of the construction contracts, material portfolio issues, and certificate of title drafting.
- Urban Hotels on the development of the Seymour Street Apartments, a boutique London West End hotel.
- 1999 – LLB (Hons), University of Technology, Sydney
- 1995 – BA (History and Political Science), University of NSW, Sydney