78 Cannon Street
David Pygott is Of Counsel in the Banking & International Finance team in CMS London specialising in contentious financial services work, particularly financial services investigations. He has acted on FCA and SFO investigations, other cross-border investigations conducted by regulators from outside the UK, and also in English Commercial Court litigation.
David acts regularly for leading financial institutions, in particular investment banks, asset managers and private wealth management firms, and has also acted for corporates in bribery and corruption matters. David speaks French, German and Italian and has previously worked in Milan and Hong Kong.
- Investment banks in cross-border investigations relating to the alleged manipulation of certain financial benchmarks.
- An investment bank in a cross-border investigation relating to hiring practices.
- An investment bank in an investigation into trading activity in wholesale financial markets.
- A European bank in English Commercial Court claims relating to certain derivative trades with local authorities.
- A private bank in the defence of mis-selling claims in court and before the Financial Ombudsman Service.
2004 – Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School, London
2003 – MPhil European Studies, Pembroke College, Cambridge
2002 – BA (Hons), Exeter College, Oxford