Gary has specialised in employment law for over 25 years. He is ranked as a leading individual in the Legal 500 and as a Band 1 employment lawyer in the Chambers and Partners Directory.
Gary advises clients across the whole range of business sectors providing advice on all aspects of employment law, both contentious and non-contentious, including executive engagements and dismissals, employment tribunal litigation, discrimination issues and the employment aspects of acquisitions and disposals, corporate reorganisations and outsourcing arrangements.
Gary also advises on the formulation and implementation of employment strategy and policy, the employment law implications of business initiatives (including reorganisations) and the impact of new legal developments.
- A FTSE 100 company on restructuring and collective redundancy issues.
- A leading professional services company on TUPE issues arising out of outsourcing arrangements.
- A global technology company on employment tribunal and High Court claims.
- A major financial institution on senior executive departures.
- A global manufacturer on the enforcement of restrictive covenants and garden leave.
- A FTSE 100 energy sector company on international assignment arrangements.
- A leading car manufacturer on its agency worker arrangements.
- A global technology company on employee data protection issues.
- A global telecommunications company on the employment law aspects of a major joint venture.
- Numerous companies coming into the UK on the employment aspects of establishing a business in the UK.
1985 – LL.B., London School of Economics
Employment Lawyers Association