20 Castle Terrace
Gemma Lampert is a partner in CMS's UK Dispute Resolution Group. She is a solicitor advocate and has extensive experience of commercial litigation at all levels throughout the UK. Gemma is also regularly involved in advising on dispute avoidance and in managing alternative dispute resolution procedures, including domestic and international arbitration and mediation.
Gemma advises on contentious issues for corporate clients across a wide range of industries with a particular focus on complex contractual issues, supply chain or outsourcing difficulties and substantial manufacturing and technical engineering disputes.
- A major telecommunications company in relation to ICC arbitration, defending and counterclaiming to prevent unjustified payment under a network construction project.
- An asset integrity manager for the energy industry on post purchase issues following a group acquisition, advising on the payment of deferred consideration and tax warranty and indemnity claims.
- An investment fund on breaches of contract by a purchaser during an earn-out period following an international manufacturing group sale.
- A big six energy supplier on a significant value Commercial Court litigation, maintaining force majeure defences to avoid payments due under a take or pay gas contract.
- A solar energy company on ICC arbitration, defending quality and quantity disputes under an international supply contract, advising on the enforcement of on demand bank guarantees in the context of relating proceedings in the English and Indian courts.
- A provider of specialised services to the marine and oil and gas industry on a Commercial Court claim, claiming damages for premature termination of an offshore digging contract and defending the capabilities and quality of the equipment.
- A designer of floating production units on the protection of confidentiality in its designs.
- A soft drinks producer on an international arbitration claim under Refined Sugar Association Rules, claiming damages from a sugar refinery that supplied contaminated sugar.
- A UK bank on Commercial Court litigation, defending a contractual debt claim and counterclaiming to recover cost expended on a fund value rectification programme following inadequate accounting by outsourced managers of a significant property portfolio.
- A UK bank on Chancery Court claims in relation to the mis-sale of pension policies, advising on engagement with HMRC to manage and minimise liabilities.
2002 - Solicitor Advocate, Higher Courts (All Proceedings)
1996 - Law, LPC (distinction), College of Law, London
1995 - Law, CPE, College of Law, London, London
1994 - MA Hons Medieval History, St Andrews University, St Andrews
International Bar Association