1 West Regent Street
Gillian MacLellan is a partner in the Employment Team and advises on both contentious employment matters and transactional work.
The common thread in both areas is her ability and determination to get a great result for her client. Gillian is commercially astute and a strong negotiator in commercial discussions where her tactics were described by one client as “masterful”.
She is particularly experienced in leading clients through major restructurings and change exercises. Having spent a period on secondment to a client’s employee relations team, Gillian adopts an extremely practical approach.
- The Scottish public sector on the complex employment issues arising out of its GBP 100m+ wide area network contract with Capita and supporting through competitive bid dialogue.
- A major energy client on major change project involving the closure of a UK site and transfer of activities to different jurisdictions outside of the UK.
- Clients on Employment Tribunals across the UK, including a multiparty action arising out of a large scale redundancy exercise, whistleblowing claims, discrimination actions and cases involving alleged breach of financial services regulations.
- A major financial institution on the TUPE and employment related issues arising out of its GBP 700m datacentre/infrastructure outsourcing to IBM.
- 9 month secondment to Employee Relations team of HBOS (now LTSB) during period of major organisational change for the client.
2000 - Dip LP, Glasgow Graduate School of Law, Glasgow
1999 - LLB (Hons), University of Glasgow, Glasgow