78 Cannon Street
Graham has specialised in tax since 1987 and advises on a wide range of transactions, ownership structures and financings. In particular, he has expertise on real estate transactions and planning for all kinds of investors, developers and occupiers. In addition to corporate M&A, joint ventures and reorganisations, Graham advises a number of HNW individuals on their tax planning.
- Kaupthing Bank on joint venture arrangements with Aviva for the development of the former Middlesex Hospital site. Also advised on its exit in favour of Ashby Capital.
- Cain Hoy on the development of Islington Square.
- Lazari Investment on its acquisition of 1-2 Welbeck Street.
- On the restructuring of £1.6 billion of debt which saw AGC Equity Partners acquire 25 Canada Square.
- D&D London on the sale of this international premium dining restaurant group.
- The Warnford group of companies and related shareholder family interests on a reorganisation. Disposals included the corporate sales of 35 Portman Square, W1 to Great Portland Estates plc and of Wardrobe Court, EC4 to The British Land Group, as well as the direct disposal of Salisbury House, EC2 to Moorfield Real Estate Fund II. The Clarges Estate was also sold indirectly by way of a corporate sale to a member of The British Land Group.
- Ronson Capital Partners on its Chiltern Street, W1 acquisition, with a view to possible redevelopment. Also in relation to the purchase of Riverwalk House, SW1 for residential redevelopment.
- Heron International on its joint venture with a fund advised by AREA Property Partners to construct and develop The Heron, London.
- Alpha Flight Group Limited on its in-flight catering business joint venture with German based LSG/Sky Chefs.
- Administrators (Grant Thornton LLP) on the restructuring, enforcement and sale of over £200 million loans secured on the Sapphire Retail Fund portfolio of shopping centres in the UK.
- 1994 – Chartered Tax Adviser.
- 1992 – Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales.
- 1987 – Inns of Court School of Law.
- 1986 – LLB, Hull University.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Tax.
- Member of the Stamp Taxes Practitioners Group.
- Member of the Law Society Tax Committee.
- Co-author of the gambling duty, VAT and tax chapter of the 'The Law of Gambling' by Smith and Monkcom (4th edition), the leading text on UK gambling law. 2017.
- Tolleys Tax Planning - SDLT chapter author.
- CPD Foundation – Property tax update. April 2015.