78 Cannon Street
Graham Paul is a partner in the Employment team. He has both a transactional and non-transactional practice.
On non-transactional matters, he has a particular focus on high value and complex litigation (including restrictive covenant and protection of proprietary information), strategic advisory, regulatory and industrial relations matters in the financial services, TMT and life sciences sectors.
On the transactional side, Graham has 15 years’ experience in dealing with cross-border M&A and outsourcing deals for global household name clients.
Graham is recognised by the leading legal directories as a leading individual and is noted for his pragmatic and user-friendly approach. He acts, in effect, as ‘general counsel’ to a number of non-UK headquartered clients. His work in that respect extends beyond pure employment-related matters.
- A UK bank in successfully defending an GBP 11m whistleblowing and sex discrimination claim.
- A major global property company in successfully defending a bonus claim in the High Court and Court of Appeal.
- On the integration and employment aspects of the merger of two global energy companies.
- Drafting bespoke Collective Bargaining Agreements for an energy client on one of the largest power plant construction projects in the United Kingdom.
- Recovering highly confidential proprietary information in the High Court for a financial services client following a team departure.
- A UK bank in the Employment Tribunal and Employment Appeals Tribunal in a GBP 1m+ whistleblowing claim.
- A major insurance broker on the acquisition of a team from a competing business.
- A US investment bank on the off-shoring of back office functions to India.
- Private equity buyers on numerous global transactions.
- Claimants and Defendants in post-termination restriction injunction cases in the financial services and insurance sectors.
1995 – LPC, College of Law
1994 - LLB (Hons), University of Durham, Durham
Member, Employment Lawyers' Association