20 Castle Terrace
Harriet Munro is a partner in the firm’s Insurance and Reinsurance group and is dual qualified in Scotland and England & Wales.
She has experience in insurance litigation over a number of sectors, with particular expertise in professional indemnity claims for construction professionals, including engineers, architects, design & build contractors, project managers, quantity and valuation surveyors.
Over the last few years she has developed a broader practice and has defended claims against insurance brokers, IFAs, accountants, media and trust fund professionals, as well as D&O claims. Harriet is also regularly instructed by insurers regarding policy coverage disputes.
The team in Scotland continues to be instructed on some of the most complex and high value professional negligence disputes involving issues of Scots law.
- A firm of architects and their PI insurers in the defence of a GBP 12m professional negligence claim involving issues of contaminated land.
- Structural engineers and their PI Insurers in relation to a series of over 60 linked, multi-party actions involving allegations of breach of obligations in relation to ground remediation works.
- Insurers in relation to a claim under a design and build contractor’s PI Insurance in relation to a mitigation costs claim of GBP 10m plus in relation to an Edinburgh City Centre Development.
- IFAs and their PI Insurers in the defence of a claim in respect of a complex Inheritance Tax mitigation scheme.
- A British sporting body in defending a professional negligence claim in relation to the application of EU Regulations on equivalent qualifications.
- 1994 - LLB (Hons), University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen
- 1995 - Diploma in French Law, University of Lyon II, Lyon
- 1996 - Dip LP, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh