78 Cannon Street
Helen Johnson advises on a wide range of corporate transactions. She advises on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, IPOs, secondary fundraisings, public takeovers and private equity work, including advising management and investors on management buy-outs, public to privates and exits. A lot of Helen’s work has a cross-border element, including advising on cross-border mergers, and she is the UK contributor to the CMS Cross-Border Merger Guide.
Helen has particular expertise in consumer products work and is Head of Retail, having founded the firm's Retail practice. Helen also has a long standing focus on corporate insurance work, having advised on numerous insurance related transactions throughout her career, including advising insurers and brokers on acquisitions and disposals. Helen is Co-Head of the CMS Corporate Insurance Group and she also has experience of acting on technology related transactions.
- CBPE on its investment in Sofa.com.
- Charles Taylor plc on the acquisition of the Strike Club management companies.
- CBL Insurance Limited on the acquisition of Achmea (Ireland) Limited and the UK elements of its IPO.
- Exceptional Innovations B.V on the acquisition of Quadriga Worldwide Limited.
- Saville Consulting Group advising the sellers on the sale of the company to Towers Watson.
- Windsor Group plc on the public to private of Windsor Group plc.
- Martello Underwriting on the sale of Martello Underwriting Limited to RSA.
- CBaySystems Holding Limited on the US$286m acquisition of shares in MedQuist Inc by CBaySystems Holdings Limited and its subsequent re-admission to AIM.
- Finncap on the IPO and associated fundraising of Quartix Holdings plc on AIM.
- DRS Data & Research plc on its class 1 disposal of Peladon Software Inc and its DocX business.
- 1994 - B.A Hons History - 2:1, Durham
- 1995 - Common Professional Examination (Commendation), College of Law, London
- 1996 - Legal Practice Course (Distinction), College of Law, London
- Speaker at the European Mergermarket M&A and Private Equity Conference 2013 on the CMS M&A Study
- Speaker at the Satellite Finance Network Conference 2104