78 Cannon Street
Helen is a partner in the Intellectual Property Team at CMS London. Helen is well known for advising on all issues relating to brands. With experience of acting for high profile brands from FMCG to cartoon characters, Helen works with clients in the fashion and luxury goods market. Helen's strategic approach to developing and protecting brands, covering commercial and contentious issues, is well regarded.
Helen' s experience spans complex commercial acquisitions and licensing arrangements to managing cross border litigation relating to trade marks, copyright and design right.
Helen is also an active supporter of the firm's corporate responsibility programme and a member of the pro-bono committee, providing pro-bono legal advice to a number of charities and volunteering on the lawyers in schools programme.
- A major consumer goods group on cross border litigation strategy based on 3D trademarks and related designs.
- A high profile international fashion company in the fragrance and cosmetics sector on the negotiation of significant long term licence agreements.
- A luxury good group on international anti-counterfeiting strategy including seizure proceedings in the EU and at manufacturing source in the Far East.
- A long established British fashion brand on strategy for diversifying its brand given third party registrations in many countries.
- A high profile fashion designer on design collaboration.
- A celebrity on the structuring and implementation of a global trade mark filing programme to protect their.
- A major UK based fashion label on supply chain issues, including conducting litigation to prevent the sale of unauthorised products and assisting with internal investigations within the group.
1979 - LLB, AKC King's College London, London