78 Cannon Street
Ian is a Partner in the Commercial Litigation group. He has over 15 years of experience in advising clients on all aspects of litigation and dispute resolution.
He specialises in commercial, media and regulatory litigation, acting primarily for major media organisations.
- ITV on its Copyright Tribunal reference against PRSfM regarding music licensing.
- Clearcast on judicial review proceedings regarding the clearance of claims in television advertising.
- ITV on various contractual and intellectual property disputes surrounding the Spanish television programme Pasapalabra.
- CA on the Commercial Agents Regulations.
- News Group Newspapers on the voicemail interception litigation.
- ITV on its High Court litigation with STV (one of The Lawyer's top cases of 2011).
- Video Performance Limited on Copyright Tribunal references regarding music video licensing, including in the High Court and the Court of Appeal.
- Post Office Limited on the Network Change Programme (a national programme of sub-Post Office closures).
- ITV on various regulatory issues and acting for ITV in relation to a judicial review of Ofcom.
2000 – Legal Practice Course, Commendation, Nottingham Law School, Nottingham
1999 – BA (Hons) Law, 2:1, Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge University, Cambridge