78 Cannon Street
Ian Greenstreet is a Partner in our Pensions team with over 25 years of experience of advising both trustees and employers on all aspects of pension law including: general scheme advisory work, drafting scheme documentation, scheme mergers and wind-ups, buy-ins, buy-outs, longevity swaps clearance applications to the Pension Regulator, changing benefit provisions and closure to future accrual, employer debt issues, Pension Ombudsman disputes, High Court representative actions and insolvency related issues and Pension Protection Fund entry. Ian advises pension fund trustees and employers of schemes of all sizes.
- Documentation work relating to DB, DC, Mixed DB/DC and CARE schemes and occupational pension master-trusts.
- Overcoming technical barriers to achieve PPF entry for several multi-employer schemes.
- Advising on compromise of employer debt by an employer and obtaining clearance to the compromise.
- Advising trustees on achieving appropriate mitigation in relation to materially detrimental events.
- Advising on apportioning debts in relation to corporate re-organisations.
- Advising on rectification and negligence claims relating to drafting of scheme documentation.
- Advising on a number of Ombudsman disputes.
- Advising both trustees and employers in relation to legal issues in connection with proposals to close schemes to future accrual.
- Negotiating with creditors in relation to the survival of the company and the scheme.
- Advising sponsor of one of the leading master trusts.
1983 – BsC Hons, University of Bristol
Member of the Association of Pension Lawyers’ Main Committee.
Member of the Pensions Advisory Committee for PLC.
Ian has been a contributor to Pensions Law Handbook (the leading pensions textbook) for the last 12 years. He is also the author of Achieving PPF entry for your pension schemes and Legal Risk Management for Actuaries. Ian has had many articles published in the pensions press
- Speaker at the Association of Pension Lawyers most recently speaking on employer debt issues.
- Spoken to local NAPF groups on PPF and employer debt related issues.
- Spoken to the Association of Consulting Actuaries, Institute and Faculty of Actuaries and Association of Corporate Treasurers