78 Cannon Street
Ian McGarr is a partner in the Real Estate Finance team.
He focuses on the hotel financing sector and is a key member of the market leading CMS Hotels & Leisure sector group. He also works across various areas in the real estate sector.
Ian acts for a broad range of leading international and domestic financial institutions owners, investors, sponsors and other borrower clients on high profile and often complex development and investment property and hotel finance transactions in the UK and overseas.
Ian also has considerable experience acting on infrastructure and project finance transactions and secondary market funds work.
Ian has been with the firm for over 15 years.
- Senior lenders (Lloyds Bank plc, Bank of East Asia and ICBC) in respect of the approx. GBP 250m senior development financing of Rocket Investments’ construction of the Atlas Building, a 40 storey residential tower in London and the intercreditor arrangements with the mezzanine funders.
- Aareal Bank AG on its EUR 222m financing of SGRF and Westmont Hospitality’s acquisition of a portfolio of Hilton operated hotels across Europe.
- The Royal Bank of Scotland plc in respect of its development financing of 1 and 3-5 Great Scotland Yard, London into an international hotel and its financing of the acquisition and partial redevelopment of The Athaeneum Hotel in London.
- Silverstone Estates Limited in respect of its general financing requirements and its development financing for alterations to be made to the track and the pit and paddock.
- Santander in respect of the development financing of the Chiltern Firehouse Hotel in London and the separate acquisition financings of the Lowry Hotel in Manchester and the Arora Heathrow Hotel.
- Bank Leumi (UK) plc in respect of its investment financing of the Balladins portfolio of 9 hotels across Germany and its various development and investment financings of hotels in Barcelona, Ibiza, Milan, Munich and Dresden.
- Nuffield Hospitals on its various corporate and acquisition financings.
- Lloyds Bank plc in respect of its GBP 86m financing of the Grange City Hotel, its GBP 80m refinancing of Melia’s development and acquisition finance of the ME London hotel and its financings of a number of portfolio and single asset acquisitions.
- Oaktree Capital Management in respect of its financing of its acquisition of its JV partner’s share in the Hilton Wembley Hotel.
- ARG Hotels Limited in respect of its financing of the acquisition of The Crowne Plaza Hotel, Blackfriars and its subsequent refinancings.
- 1998 – LPC, College of Law, Guildford
- 1996 – LLB, King's College, London