78 Cannon Street
Jack Shepherd is a partner in the Corporate Team at CMS London, specialising in equity capital markets and M&A. He advises corporate clients and investment banks. He works with a diverse range of businesses across different sectors, with a particular focus on real estate and technology companies.
Jack started his career at Nabarro LLP over 10 years ago. Since then, he has completed a number of IPOs and secondary issues on both the Main Market and AIM as well as public takeovers (both recommended and hostile), private acquisitions and disposals, bond issues, joint ventures, corporate restructurings and early stage investments.
Jack regularly advises our listed clients on issues relating to the Listing Rules, AIM Rules, Disclosure Rules, Prospectus Rules, Takeover Code and Market Abuse Regulation, as well as general company law and corporate governance issues.
Clients appreciate his ability to project manage large, complex cross-border deals, as well provide legal advice that is easy to understand. Having completed secondments at RAB Capital plc, a hedge fund, and Seymour Pierce Limited, an investment bank, he understands the pressures facing clients both internally and externally, ensuring that his advice is responsive and commercial.
- Investec Bank plc on its role as sponsor and bookrunner on the GBP 164m Main Market IPO of Kainos Group plc.
- Numis Securities Limited on its role as sponsor and bookrunner on the GBP 100m Main Market IPO of Revolution Bars Group plc.
- Urban&Civic on its reverse acquisition by Terrace Hill Group plc and its associated GBP 170m placing and move from AIM to the Main Market.
- Redefine International P.L.C. on its GBP 437m class 1 acquisition of the AUK Portfolio from Aegon UK Property Fund and its associated GBP 115m placing.
- Fixnetix Limited on its sale to NYSE-listed, Computer Sciences Corporation.
- RBC Capital Markets, Jefferies International, First Energy Capital and Seymour Pierce on Bayfield Energy Holdings plc’s reverse acquisition of Trinity Exploration & Production Limited, and its associated GBP 57m placing.
- Allenby Capital on its role as nominated adviser on the AIM IPO of Franchise Brands plc and its subsequent GBP 29m reverse acquisition of Metro Rod Limited.
- Caledon Resources plc on its GBP 90m placing and subsequent GBP 313m takeover by Guangdong Rising Assets Management Co. Ltd by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Bank am Bellevue AG in its role as sole global co-ordinator on the EUR 250m IPO of Williams Grand Prix Holdings on the entry standard segment of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- Enteq Upstream plc on its GBP 26m reverse acquisition of XXT Incorporated and associated GBP 42m placing.
- Quintain Estates and Development plc on its GBP 191m rights issue and its GBP 115m secured bond issue on the Irish Stock Exchange.
- SuperGroup plc on its GBP 125m Main Market IPO (during his secondment at Seymour Pierce).
- 2005 - LPC, College of Law, London
- 2002 - LLB, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne