78 Cannon Street
John is a Partner in our Corporate team. He completed his training in 2005 with a large US law firm and subsequently worked for two major UK law firms, being made partner in 2015. John has experience of working on a variety of company and corporate finance matters including venture capital, private equity, mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures.
- Cantel Medical on various UK acquisitions.
- MRMOCO on the sale of a film equipment business to Nikon Corporation.
- The shareholders of Tenfour Ventures Limited on the sale to Azzurri, an entity controlled by Bridgepoint Capital, of the company which owns and operates the "Coco di mama" food business.
- MMC Ventures on various Series A investments made by MMC.
- Preservica Limited on a Series A investment made by Mobeus.
- Nextday Property Limited on seed and Series A investments into the company that runs Nested, the online property sales business.
- Skills Matter Limited on a Series A investment and follow on investments made by Proven Health VCT, a fund controlled by Beringea LLP, and various other funders.
- Lyst Limited on the issue of a convertible loan note to major VC investors as well as Series S, A, B and C fundraisings.
- GoCardless Limited, providing English law advice on Series A, B and C fundraising undertaken by the US parent company.
- Bookingtek Limited on seed and Series A investment rounds into the company.
- H3 Capital on a variety of venture capital investments.
- John has also acted on the formation of over 30 crowdfunding platforms.
- 2003 – LPC, College of Law, Birmingham
- 2002 – LL.B (Hons), University of Warwick, Coventry