78 Cannon Street
Joshua has more than 20 years’ experience specialising in planning, highway, compulsory purchase and listed building issues. He writes legal opinions and gives strategic advice on appeals, inquiries and the judicial review of planning and related decisions on complex and high profile schemes.
Joshua acts for clients across the development sector, including funds, banks, investors, retailers, leisure operators and planning authorities. He has particular expertise on large scale, mixed use regeneration and infrastructure projects in urban centres. He has negotiated complex S106 planning, highways and infrastructure agreements for massive regeneration developments in Maidenhead, Merchant Square, Paddington, NOMA, Manchester. In the retail sector he acts extensively for the UK’s main retail park owners.
In London, Joshua is currently advising on several high profile office and mixed-use schemes, tall office developments in the City and student tower blocks in South London. He has particular experience in the student accommodation, hotel and leisure and residential sectors. He is known for his expertise in listed building and heritage issues.
Joshua’s clients include Land Securities plc, Great Portland Estates plc, Colombia Threadneedle, Frogmore Real Estate Partners Limited, British Steel Pension Fund, BBC Pension Fund, The Portman Estate, Aberdeen Asset Management, KAMES Capital, Motcombe Estates, Next Plc.
Joshua was ranked as a leading planning lawyer in Chambers 2013, in the Practical Law Company's Which Lawyer 2012 and in the Planning Magazine Survey 2012.
- Land Securities on its out-of-centre retail park portfolio of 17 properties and securing permissions for new retail/mixed use regeneration schemes at Selly Oak, Worcester Woods.
- Frogmore Real Estate on its flagship retail development on Oxford Street and Tottenham Court Road and acquisition and development of Baltimore Wharf and Stratford Shopping Centre.
- Listed buildings - for Motcombe Estates on the restoration of the Grade I listed former "In and Out" Club at 94 Piccadilly to residential use, for a multinational technology retailer in the UK.
- 100 Bishopsgate Limited on development of its 38-storey building, 120 Fenchurch Street for Generali.
- 1988 LL.B (Hons) Bristol University
- City of London Law Society Planning and Environmental Law Committee
- British Council of Shopping Centres (Planning Committee)
- Planning Surveyors Club
- Joshua presents regularly to clients on subjects such as the Community Infrastructure Levy and Localism Act 2012.