78 Cannon Street
Keith Ham is a partner in the Banking & Finance Group. He has over 25 years of experience in banking and insolvency law and has worked in three jurisdictions. Keith currently specialises in property and hotel finance and corporate lending acting for both lenders and borrowers. He also has experience in many others of banking law, including acquisition and asset finance, cross border lending, lending to financial institutions, insolvency and work-outs and oil and gas lending.
Keith began his legal career in Ontario, Canada where he was a partner in a major Canadian law firm. He joined CMS in London in 1998. From 2000-2003, Keith headed the banking team in the CMS Warsaw office.
- Lenders on a refinancing of a mid-sized UK based house builder.
- Hotel developer and operator on individual financing projects in Glasgow, London and Paris and the subsequent refinancing of 7 hotels across 3 jurisdictions.
- UK Bank on the financing of the acquisition of multiple shopping plazas in the UK.
- UK Bank of the financing of the acquisition of a large portfolio of road side restaurants located in the UK.
- UK Bank on an engagement facility for a UK insurer.
- UK Bank on an acquisition facility for a UK care home developer.
- UK Bank on a facility to finance a management buy-out transaction.
- 1979 – BA (Hons), Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario
- 1980 – MA (Politics), Queens University, Kingston, Ontario
- 1982 – MBA, York University, Toronto, Ontario
- 1985 – LLB, University of Toronto, Toronto Ontario