78 Cannon Street
Keith Webster is a partner in our award winning Pensions team. He advises trustees and employers running large occupational pension schemes on all areas of pensions related law.
He has particular expertise in investment and de-risking, including asset backed funding, insurance buy-ins and longevity hedging and is the current chairman of the Association of Pension Lawyers Investment Committee.
Keith also regularly advises pension providers on their pension products, ranging from master trusts, traditional insured arrangements and group personal pensions through to complex guaranteed income arrangements. Keith has wide experience of dispute resolution, including advising a number of firms of benefit consultants on risk and claims management and acting on Court applications in rectification and construction disputes relating to scheme rules.
- Trustee clients range from a GBP 20m scheme to the multi-billion pound scheme of a high street bank. Trustee advice includes:
- An asset backed funding arrangement involving use of the employer’s key brands.
- A Court application to confirm validity of scheme closure.
- The implications of the takeover of the group parent company and consequent group refinancing including putting in place funding guarantees and security.
- Advice for employers includes:
- In relation to formal enforcement action taken by the Pensions Regulator following a failure to agree an actuarial valuation with the trustees.
- On implications of historic invalid execution of scheme documentation.
- Numerous scheme closure exercises.
- Advice for pension providers includes:
- A bulk annuity provider on numerous buy-in and buy-out transactions.
- A leading benefit consultant on setting up DC master trust.
- MetLife on set up and ongoing compliance of income guarantees within its drawdown personal pension product.
- Chairman of a Business Action Group providing support from the business world to staff and pupils at a new sixth form College in Newham, East London.
- 1995 - LPC, College of Law
- 1994 - MA, St Johns College, Cambridge University
- Fellow, Pensions Management Institute
- Chair, Association of Pension Lawyers Investment Committee
- NAPF Guide to Investment Management Agreements ABI/NAPF Good Practice Guide to Bulk Insured Annuities
- 2016 - PMI Annual Conference: Responsibilities of Parties
- 2016 - TISA Seminar: Legal pitfalls of the new retirement income space
- 2016 - Association of Consulting Actuaries Annual Pensions Conference: Legal Update
- 2015 - NAPF: Pensions and VAT
- 2014 - Institute and Faculty of Actuaries annual conference: The Scheme Actuary as data controller
- 2013 - LexisNexis: GMP Equalisation
- 2012 - APL Annual Conference: Asset backed funding structures