20 Castle Terrace
Kenny Rose is a partner in the Corporate group with over 25 years' experience as a corporate lawyer.
He specialises in M&A and corporate finance projects. He has a particularly strong track record and profile in financial services transactions where he continues to act for, and has key relationships with, a number of high profile clients.
He also has an impressive reputation for corporate finance assignments in a broader range of sectors including energy, transport and government services.
As an experienced corporate finance partner he has acted on many public company fundraisings, having led numerous IPOs and secondary share issues for both trading companies and investment entities. Since 2012 he has been Chairman of the Regional Advisory Group of the London Stock Exchange for Scotland.
Kenny also has a wide range of experience in both public and private company M&A having been lead adviser on numerous public company takeovers and private company acquisitions and disposals.
Given his seniority and experience he is comfortable as the lead adviser to boards and senior executives on a wide range of large, complex and bespoke transactions and on advising them on related governance issues.
- Alliance Trust Savings (a subsidiary of Alliance Trust plc) in its acquisition of the Stocktrade business from Brewin Dolphin plc.
- As lead adviser to RBS in its disposal for circa GBP 1bn of its interest in Tesco Bank to Tesco plc and the establishment by RBS of transitional service arrangements to support Tesco Bank's banking and insurance products.
- Virgin Money Holdings (UK) plc on the sale of its bank subsidiary, Church House Trust (now Bank and Clients plc), to Ocean Industries SA.
- SSE plc on its subscription of up to GBP 43m in the context of the IPO of Greencoat UK Wind plc.
- Oval Ltd (UK-wide insurance broker and financial intermediary) in the corporate and commercial sector, as strategic legal adviser on its establishment, several fundraisings and numerous private company and business acquisitions and disposals. Oval was eventually sold to Arthur J Gallacher for circa GBP 200m.
- Lloyds Banking Group on the sale of Scottish Widows Investment Partnership group to Aberdeen Asset Management, undertaking detailed vendor due diligence and pre-sale analysis of intra-group arrangements.
- RBS in connection with the establishment and eventual dissolution of its major bancassurance joint venture with Aviva plc and on the related contractual service and arrangements for the distribution of life and collective investment scheme products.
- Cavanagh Group plc in its acquisition of a number of financial intermediary businesses, its re-listing on AIM and its sale to Close Brothers for GBP 26m.
- RBS in a number of intra-group transfers of banking businesses and debt and loan/mortgage portfolios using court approved Part VII transfer schemes.
- Lothian Buses Limited, Edinburgh Trams Limited and Transport for Edinburgh Limited on the establishment of a new corporate structure for the integration of public transport to incorporate the operation of the new Edinburgh Tram.
- Balfour Beatty investments as sponsors on the University of Edinburgh Student Accommodation wrapped project bond.
- 1986 - Dip LP, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh
- 1985 - LLB (Hons) , University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh
- Notary Public
- Chairman, Regional Advisory Group, The London Stock Exchange for Scotland.
- Regular speaker and public contributor on company IPOs.