Dr. Loretta Pugh
Dr. Loretta Pugh
78 Cannon Street
Loretta advises on data protection, cyber security, technology, outsourcing and commercial transactions. She is a specialist in data protection and cyber security and advises across a wide range of industry sectors, including the financial services, life sciences, real estate and TMT sectors. Advice ranges from general compliance to strategic and business critical matters. Loretta is known for her strong technical ability coupled with application to her clients’ specific business scenarios in a pragmatic manner. Loretta has a particular interest in the exploitation of data and the use of new technologies, including AI and other data analytic solutions. In the sphere of cyber, her work includes incident response planning, assessment of cyber solutions, and advising following a data breach.
Loretta has spoken on data protection and cyber and produced a number of articles, including in relation to the GDPR and the NIS Regulations.
Loretta is a member of the Law Society City GDPR Working Group and a speaker and mentor at ‘Cyber 101’, an initiative funded by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) and held at Digital Catapult to nurture early stage cyber companies in the UK. Loretta is also a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
- Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice, University of Oxford
- Legal Practice Course (Distinction), BPP Law School
- Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction), Anglia Law School
- Ph.D. (Optoelectronics), University of Cambridge
- B.Sc. (First Class Honours), Keele University
Law Society City GDPR Working Group
International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Implications of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for Detecting Infringement of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Patents; EPI Information (Publication of the European Patent Institute); Sep 2018
- Network and Information Systems Regulations—contractual implications; LexisPSL; Aug 2018
- GDPR and AI Patents; CIPA Journal (Journal of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys), Volume 47, No. 7-8; Jul 2018
- GDPR: Implications for Real Estate; Property Law Journal; May 2018
- Network and Information Systems Regulations and the cloud; LexisPSL; May 2018
- Data protection under the draft Brexit withdrawal agreement; LexisPSL; Apr 2018
- The UK Government responds to the NDG and CQC recommendations; Digital Health Legal; Sep 2017
- International Data Flows and the New EU-US Privacy Shield; National Outsourcing Association Yearbook 2016; Jan 2016