78 Cannon Street
Lucy Plowright is a partner in the Energy, Projects & Construction (EPC) group. Lucy specialises in advising sponsors, lenders, investors and government on the development and financing of complex high value infrastructure projects. Recent transactions also include the refinancing, restructuring, variation or termination of complex PPP arrangements. Lucy has longstanding experience of projects in the UK and internationally including market leading projects in Europe, Central & Eastern Europe, Scandinavia and the Middle East.
Lucy works in a number of sectors including transport, waste management, emergency services, custodial, education and other economic and social infrastructure.
Lucy has been ranked in Chambers & Partners and Thomson Reuters' Superlawyers since 2014.
- The sponsors (Hochtief, VolkerWessels, Boskalis and Dutch Infrastructure Fund) on the financing of the €1bn A1/A6 Diemen-Muiderberg-Almere Havendreef motorway PPP in the Netherlands and subsequent refinancing.
- The joint lead arrangers, MLAs and bond purchasers on the €600m A7 Motorway, the first project bond financing in the road sector in Germany supported by EIB's project bond credit enhancement product.
- The Slovak Ministry of Transport on the €1bn D4/R7 motorway and expressway project in Bratislava.
- European Investment Bank, Nordic Investment Bank and Pohjola on the €378m E18 Hamina-Vaalimaa Motorway in Finland.
- Euroports Group on the refinancing of its European inland, sea ports and container terminals business.
- Connect Roads (Balfour Beatty) on the £176m Carlisle Northern Development Route (CNDR) project.
- London Borough of Hounslow on its £800m highways maintenance PFI project.
- Multilateral banks on a ports concession in the Mediterranean.
- Powerlink, a project company owned by UK Power Networks, ABB and Balfour Beatty, in connection with the London Underground Power Services PPP Contract.
- Barclays Bank and Norddeutsche Landesbank on the financing of the Coventry and Cambridgeshire street lighting projects.
- The project company on the Greater Manchester Waste Project, the largest deal of its kind in Europe.
- Samsung C&T, Gulf Investment Corporation and Teekay on the financing of the $650m Import Terminal in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Advising the lenders on a bid for a pathfinder waste management PPP in Russia.
- The South London Waste Partnership on their "Phase A" waste management procurement.
- An international consortium in connection with their bid for the £750million Bahrain Integrated Waste PPP Project.
- Numerous other waste management PFI projects including Central Berkshire, Southwark and Jersey.
- The project company in connection with the project financing of two operational UK onshore wind farm projects.
- G4S Care & Justice on their successful bid for the £200m Lincolnshire Police Transformation Project.
- Bilfinger Berger Project Investments in relation to the Avon & Somerset Police PFI Project.
- Numerous projects under the Schools PFI and Building Schools for the Future (BSF) initiatives including the Salford Grouped Schools PFI and the recent refinancing of phase 2 of Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council's BSF scheme.
2001 – Legal Practice Course, College of Law, London (Distinction)
2000 – Post Graduate Diploma in Law, College of Law, London (Commendation)
1998 – BA (Hons.) American Studies, Sheffield University (1st class honours)
1996 – Study Abroad at University of Maryland College Park, USA