78 Cannon Street
Mark is a Corporate partner, concentrating on international and UK mergers and acquisitions, takeovers and other strategic ventures, who has over the last 25 years advised on some of the most high profile TMT sector transactions. His clients include Sony, Burda, Universal, Dentsu Aegis, GMG and Tesco.
Mark, until earlier this year, headed Olswang’s International Corporate Practice Group and was a member of its Executive Committee.
Mark is a regular contributor to various legal publications. He has presented to the American Bar Association and contributed the UK chapter of the ABA's International Manual on 'Negotiated Acquisitions'.
Mark is listed as a Key Figure in Legal 500, 2017 for M&A: Upper Mid-Market and Premium Deals £250m+; Private Equity; Technology, Media and Telecoms.
- Burda GmbH on its acquisition of Immediate Media, the UK based publishing group and home of the Radio Times and other BBC branded magazine titles, including Top Gear and Top of the Pops.
- Ministry of Sound group on the sale of MoS Recordings, home to the iconic dance music label and A&R business to Sony Music.
- Attenda, IT managed services business on its sale by Darwin Private Equity to Ensono.
- Dentsu Aegis Network, international digital marketing communications group, on acquisitions of content marketing group John Brown Media and outdoor advertising solutions provider Liveposter.
- Tesco Plc on its disposals of Tesco Broadband and Blinkbox Entertainment to TalkTalk Telecom and of Blinkbox Music to Guevera.
- The Iliffe Trusts on the £220m sale of Local World Holdings to Trinity Mirror and more recently Iliffe Media on its acquisition of 13 regional titles for £17m from Johnston Press plc.
- dunnhumby, the leading customer science company and Tesco PLC subsidiary, on its acquisition of Sociomantic Labs, the Berlin based global ad technology group.
- MoneySavingExpert.com on its sale to MoneySupermarket plc for up to £87 million.
- TSX listed Tuscany International on its acquisition of Paris based Caroil SAS, with operations in Columbia and Central Africa, from Maurel & Prom for $200 million.
- Chrysalis PLC on its £107m recommended sale to BMG Rights Management.
- LL.M 1987, Warwick University, Warwickshire
- Author of Aspatore's book 'Negotiating the Complexities of UK M&A Law'