78 Cannon Street
Martin Mendelssohn is a partner in the Corporate Team. He specialises in mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, joint ventures, restructuring and privatisation projects, typically acting for non-UK entities on UK inward investment mandates.
He also advises on asset- backed contribution schemes, cross-border mergers and international reorganisations. Martin advises a wide range of UK and other European entities (particularly German) and US corporations. During his career with CMS, he has been based in South East Asia, CEE and Germany.
Martin has led teams on M&A, joint venture and privatisation projects engaged in the following businesses and sectors: prepay technology, vouchers, retail, consumer insecticides, life science and pharmaceuticals, lotteries and gaming, postal and courier services, engineering, defence technology and systems, aviation systems and components, power control systems, LCD technology, research establishments, international rail services, general travel services, insurance loss adjusters, worldwide publishers, conference organisers, health & leisure clubs, medical services, offshore oil & gas services, fluid handling, food packaging, outside broadcasting, internet services, water filtration and cooling systems, waste management and TV production.
- Perrigo Company on its acquisition of Rosemont Pharmaceuticals for GBP 180m.
- Bayer CropScience on its disposal of its UK manufacturing business to financial investor Aurelius.
- Kennametal Inc. on its acquisition of Deloro Stellite from Duke Street Capital for EUR 277.
- Sainsbury’s Supermarkets on its acquisition of 24 supermarkets from the Co-op.
- Camelot, the UK national lottery operator, on the establishment of its EuroMillions game involving eight other national lotteries.
- Major US corporations (such as CBS and Toys ‘R’ Us) on various re-organisations.
- Von Holtzbrinck Group on the acquisition of Macmillan the publishers.
- US Filter Corporation on the sale of its worldwide water and wastewater systems and services business to Siemens.
- LLB (Hons), Bristol University, Bristol
- Co-author of the PLC manual Share Purchases:Overview
- Joint editor of the CMS European M&A Deal Study 2007-2016
- Mergermarket European Corporate M&A Forum, London, July 2016
- Chief Legal Officer Forum, New York, February 2015
- Mergermarket M&A Forum, London, 2014
- Chief Legal Officer Forum, Chicago, 2012