78 Cannon Street
Michael Cavers is a partner in the Financial Services and Products Group. Having joined CMS in 2002, he became a partner in 2012 and has extensive experience advising on a range of debt capital markets, derivatives and structured finance transactions.
He advises banks, issuers and trustees on the issue and restructuring of standalone debt issues and debt issuance programmes, including project bonds, retail bonds and medium term note programmes. He also has extensive experience advising on securitisation transactions and is recognised in this field by The Legal 500 (2012) for his “fantastic attention to detail”.
Michael has particular experience of infrastructure and project finance transactions, having advised on a number of restructurings and issues in this sector. He also advises on fund and other derivatives transactions. He has a range of experience covering deals including loan-linked hedging, credit linked notes, a large range of retail structured products issuances and various equity-linked derivative transactions.
Michael has spent time on secondment to clients Lloyds TSB, HSBC and J.P. Morgan and to the finance department of our Budapest office. Michael is actively involved in our CSR initiatives. Amongst other things, he is a proud mentor of a winner of our bursary scheme and is a member of the firm’s diversity committee.
- The Bond Trustee and Global Security Trustee in relation to the refinancing of the debt of air traffic control group NATS.
- Northumbrian Water on three bond issues and its water resources operating agreement securitisation and amendments to it.
- An international investment bank on a range of retail structured products in note, certificate and warrant form linked to a range of underlying asset classes including equities, equity and proprietary indices and commodities.
- Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch on the restructuring and issuance of notes under their hedge fund derivatives funding programmes.
- Enterprise Inns plc on an ongoing basis on its debt arrangements including its various bond issues and the Unique securitisation.
- HSBC Bank plc as Lead Manager on a property securitisation transaction of an important UK government department building.
- Jesus College, Oxford (Law)
- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice (LLP)