78 Cannon Street
Nicholas Stretch is a partner who has specialised in employee incentives for almost 20 years.
Nicholas advises quoted and unquoted companies (including start-ups) on employee equity and cash bonus arrangements, taking into account tax, company and employment law issues, as well as related corporate governance aspects. In addition, he regularly advises on employee trust issues, including advising trustees.
Over the last few years, he has also advised firms in the financial services sector on how to comply with Remuneration Codes. He is actively involved in the Life Sciences and Financial Services sector groups.
Nicholas is highly rated by clients in both Chambers and Legal 500. He was until recently chairman of the Quoted Companies Alliance Share Schemes Experts Group, which focuses on issues for smaller quoted companies, and is chairman of the Tax Committee of Share Plan Lawyers.
Nicholas writes frequently for PLC magazine and sits on its Incentives Advisory board. He is the author of the Employee Issues chapter in Butterworths 'Takeovers: Law and Practice'.
- Royal Mail on its all-employee plan on IPO and subsequently.
- Eli Lilly on its all-employee plan in the UK.
- Parmenion on its employee incentives on its acquisition by Aberdeen Asset Management.
- Advanced Computer Software on the employee share scheme aspects of its takeover by Vista.
- White Stuff on employee incentive awards in a private company.
- Lloyds Development Capital on its sale of Uswitch to Zoopla, which involved an employee cash bonus arrangement.
- Employee trusts on their position in transactions, including the Boots employee trust on the takeover by Walgreens and the IPOs of Poundland and McColl’s.
- Numerous banks and other financial institutions on their compliance with Remuneration Codes.
- Various management teams on their arrangements with employers and buy-out houses, including on spin-outs.
- 1989 – B.A. Exeter College, Oxford
- Chair, Tax Committee, Share Plan Lawyers
- Former Chairman, Quoted Companies Alliance, Share Scheme Experts Group
- Butterworths’ Takeovers: Law and Practice (Employee Issues Chapter) 2015