78 Cannon Street
Nick is a Corporate Partner, based in London and advises on deals in the Hotels & Leisure, Media, Sport and Technology sectors. Nick advises his clients on acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, investment rounds and, for his hospitality clients, on management and franchise agreements. Nick also advises clients in the W&I insurance market.
Hotels & Leisure
- Stevie Parle on the establishment of his restaurants Rotorino, Craft London, Palatino and Pastaio.
- Respite Management on its joint venture with Leandro Carreira to create Londrino restaurant.
- Prezzo plc on the recommended acquisition by Papa Bidco Limited, a company owned by TPG.
- Sun Capital Partners on the acquisition of Strada from the Casual Dining Group.
- The shareholders and management of Cote Restaurants on the management buy-out backed by private equity firm CBPE Capital.
- The shareholders of D&D London, the international restaurant group on the management buy-out backed by private equity firm LDC.
- Caprice Holdings (the restaurant group owner of The Ivy, Scotts and J Sheekey) on its joint venture to launch the Balthazar restaurant concept in London.
- Richard Caring and Nick Jones on the sale of a majority interest in the Soho House Group to The Yucaipa Funds (a US private equity group founded by Ron Burkle).
- The sellers, including private equity firm Graphite Capital, on the management buy-out of the Groucho Club, the exclusive private members club in Soho, London.
- Fattal Hotels on the acquisition of the Midland Hotel, Manchester from Aprirose.
- HIG Capital/Bayside on the acquisition of Formby Hall Hotel, Golf Club and Spa from Maghull Developments.
- Hard Rock International on its collaboration with glh Hotels, to launch the inaugural Hard Rock Hotel in London.
- The Seller on the disposal of the Holiday Inn Hotel, Stonehenge to Bowling Green Asset Management.
Media & Sport
- Jeremy Clarkson and Andy Wilman on the establishment of Bedder 6 Limited (a vehicle to promote and exploit Top Gear) and on their joint venture arrangements with BBC Worldwide and on the exit in 2012.
- Elisabeth Murdoch and global television production company, Shine Group (producer of Masterchef, Hustle, Merlin and Spooks), on the acquisition of Shine by News Corporation.
- Endeavor (formerly WME IMG) on its acquisitions of (i) Enetpulse (ii) NeuLion and (iii) Clifford French and on its strategic partnerships with (i) Livestream (Livestream.com), a market leader in live video streaming for online distribution and (ii) Frieze, a prestigious London-based arts media and events company.
- IMG Media on its joint venture with Perform Group to create FC Diez Media to advise CONMEBOL on their commercial rights for club competitions – Conmebol Libertadores, Conmebol Sudamericana and Conmebol Recopa, as well as additional tournaments – for 2019-2022.
- Zuffa LLC (owner of UFC) on its joint venture with the Russia-China Investment Fund and Mubadala Investment Company. The joint venture will focus on the development and expansion of UFC’s mixed martial arts (MMA) business in Russia and CIS countries
- Tim Hincks and Peter Fincham on the establishment of their TV production company Expectation and the investment in it by BBC Studios.
- Seven Network on its acquisition of BBC Studio's shareholding in Slim Film + Television.
- DRIVETRIBE, the digital media platform and online community for motoring enthusiasts founded by Jeremy Clarkson, Andy Wilman, Richard Hammond and James May, on its Series A funding round led by Breyer Capital, Fox and Atomico.
- RWS Holdings plc on its (i) £40m placing of shares on AIM to part finance its $82.5m acquisition of Luz, Inc and (ii) $70m acquisition of Corporate Translations Inc.
- 2001 – LPC, Nottingham Law School, Nottingham
- 2000 – MA Law, St Catharine's College, Cambridge
- Member, Leisure Property Forum