78 Cannon Street
Patrick is a Partner in the Corporate team.
He specialises in advising UK and overseas companies on all aspects of their corporate legal requirements including national and cross border mergers, acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, equity fund raisings and all relevant general and corporate governance issues. He acts for FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 corporates; internationally-based corporates; and privately owned corporates.
- Heineken on the Euro 130 million restructuring of its joint ventures in South Africa and Namibia with Namibia Breweries and Diageo
- Primary Health Properties on the acquisition of Prime Public Partnerships (Holdings) Limited for £41.1m comprising the purchase of an additional 54 primary healthcare properties across the UK with a gross value of £233m.
- Hiscox plc on its returns of capital to shareholders by way of B, C, D, E and F share schemes combined with share capital consolidations implemented in 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Care UK on the £130 million disposals of the mental health division to Partnerships in Care, the learning disabilities division to Lifeways and the care at home division to Mears
- Care UK on the acquisitions of UK Specialist Hospitals Limited a comprising a number of hospitals in the South West providing elective services primarily for NHS patients.
- Care UK on the £48m acquisition of HWH Group Limited (Harmoni) the out of hours GP services and urgent healthcare provider and offender healthcare services provider.
- Hiscox plc on its mezzanine debt and equity investment in Lark Insurance Brokers as part of the management buy-out from Groupama.
- Heineken on the acquisition of the Bedele and Harar breweries from the government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia for a combined purchase price of US$ 163m.
- Hiscox plc on the disposal of Hiscox Investment Management Limited to a management team and subsequent investment. Also advising in respect of two acquisitions of insurance brokers in the media and professional indemnity sectors.
- 1986 – BA (Law), Durham
- Member of the Company Law Committee of the City of London Law Society.