78 Cannon Street
Pete Coyne is a partner in our Pensions practice and Co-Head of the Life, Pensions & Longevity Risk group.
Pete has wide experience in dealing with all kinds of pensions issues including on benefit restructurings, buy-ins and buy-outs, longevity swaps and transactions, investment matters and disputes. He acts for trustees, employers, product providers and benefit consultants across a whole range of pensions issues.
He is a member of the Association of Pension Lawyers’ influential Legislative and Parliamentary Committee and is also a TPAS adviser. He is also a regular speaker at conferences and seminars and is described Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession as “a rising star in the department” and “an absolute delight to work with, a steady pair of hands and unflappable.”
- General Electric on the merger of 17 of its UK final salary pension schemes – one of the largest ever conducted in the UK.
- Pension Insurance Corporation on bulk annuity transactions.
- Clients on a number of longevity risk transactions and buy-in/buy-outs.
- The only reported case on actuarial negligence which was successfully appealed to the Court of Appeal.
- The trustees of one of the first schemes to enter a PPF assessment period.
- Trustees on a high-profile and innovative asset backed funding structure involving intellectual property.
1998 – MA (Hons) English, University of St Andrews, St Andrews
Member, The Association of Pension Lawyers
Member, The Association of Pension Lawyers Legislative and Parliamentary Committee
Vounteer adviser with The Pensions Advisory Service