78 Cannon Street
Phil is a partner in the Tax department with extensive experience advising on all aspects of tax structuring and planning.
Phil has particular expertise in the real estate sector advising a range of leading property clients on the establishment of investment funds and joint ventures, and the life cycle of property developments and investments. His advice ranges from simple transactions through to complex international structures, optimising clients’ tax positions and ultimately their returns.
He also acts for major UK corporates on acquisitions, disposals, financings and reorganisations, advising on a broad range of corporate tax matters.
Phil trained and qualified as a Chartered Tax Adviser in June 2007 and is a member of the Stamp Taxes Practitioners Group.
- Great Portland Estates on the development and £435m sale of Rathbone Square.
- SEGRO on the £365m acquisition from Aviva Investors of a 50% interest in the Airport Property Partnership.
- Land Securities on the joint venture with Canary Wharf Group to develop 20 Fenchurch Street into one of London's highest skyscrapers, the "Walkie Talkie".
- Kingboard Chemical Holdings on the £271m acquisition of WeWork's landmark building, Moor Place.
- Welltower on the acquisition of a portfolio of care homes.
- Beijing Capital on the £200m purchase of 30 Crown Place.
- 2007 – Chartered Tax Advisor
- 2001 – LPC, College of Law, London
- 2000 – BA(Hons) Accounting & Law, University of Manchester
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Member of the Stamp Taxes Practitioners Group.