Dr. Rachel Free
Dr. Rachel Free
78 Cannon Street
Dr Rachel Free is a UK and European patent attorney in the London Office Intellectual Property department. Rachel uses her technical background in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, software and telecommunications to assist clients protect their technology through patents in this complex and changing area of patent law. She uses her in-house experience to help clients with patent harvesting and identifying inventions as well as with drafting patent applications suitable for prosecution in many jurisdictions including the US and Europe. She represents clients in oral proceedings at the European and UK patent offices.
Rachel has patent experience in a range of technical fields including neural networks, data centre storage, multi-core systems, cryptography, programming languages, information retrieval, machine learning, quantum computing, internet of things, time of flight cameras, natural user interface technology, image processing, infra-red sensors, wireless communications, voice over internet protocol, video codecs, cloud computing technology, mobile phone antennas, software and telecommunications.
Rachel is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA) and a member of its Computer Technology Committee. She has lectured for CIPA and acted as an Examiner for CIPA.
- 1999 – UK registered Patent Attorney, UK Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys, London
- 1999 – European Patent Attorney, European Patent Office, Munich
- 1996 – Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary University, London
- 1996 – Dphil, Vergence eye movements and stereopsis, Oxford University, Oxford
- 1992 – MSc, Artificial Intelligence, Edinburgh University, Edinburgh
- 1991 – MA Experimental Psychology, Oxford University, Oxford
Task Force - Data Governance, APPG AI