1 South Quay
Rebecca is a Partner in our Planning Group in Sheffield with over 10 years of experience in all planning and environmental matters. She deals with contentious and non-contentious issues for investors, developers, consenting authorities, contractors and operators, particularly in the energy, real estate and infrastructure sectors. She focuses on derisking investment in, and development of, complex schemes through strategic advice and novel approaches to risk allocation. She has deep expertise in land assembly and CPO, environmental impact and habitats assessment, Development Consent Order applications, planning/highways agreements, enforcement and inquiry work, energy and sustainability regulation and contaminated land.
Rebecca is the Chair of the Sheffield branch of the Forum for the Built Environment and the Development Team of the Sheffield Property Association. She is also a key member of our CMS Women and ENABLE Wellbeing and Mental Health networks, with a keen interest in volunteering.
- U+I on securing planning permission and subsequent variations to enable construction of its flagship Mill Green Outlet Village retail scheme in Cannock, despite novel retail restriction drafting in the s.106 agreement.
- North York Moors National Park Authority in relation to its role as consenting authority for the construction and operation of the York Potash polyhalite mine and mineral transport system in the National Park.
- Columbia Threadneedle Investments, M&G, SEGRO and UK & European on the planning and environmental aspects of various property sales, purchases, developments and M&A deals.
- Maple Grove Developments in relation to the promotion of the Cuerden Strategic Site, including legal review of application papers, drafting and negotiating s.106 agreement and negotiating conditional development agreement with all landowner parties.
- Whitemoss Landfill Limited in relation to a successful application for a Development Consent Order for a hazardous waste landfill site, including advising on consultation and engagement strategy, appearing at examination hearings, advising on land assembly strategy and negotiating s.106 contributions.
- Costco in relation to the acquisition and development of various brownfield sites for the construction of Warehouse Clubs, including allocating environmental liability, negotiating planning and highways agreements and advising on CIL.
- Enfield Borough Council on the acquisition of land for its Meridan Water scheme, involving advising on planning policy, environmental insurance options and contractual risk apportionment.
- Kincardine Offshore Windfarm Limited on its offshore wind schemes, focussing on compliance with environmental impact assessment and biodiversity legislation.
- A Biffa group company on the sale of part of a non-operational landfill site to a developer of service and petrol stations.
- Tarmac Trading Limited in relation to its role as interested party in respect of the East Midlands Gateway Rail Freight Interchange, including presenting written and verbal advocacy at hearings, advising on compensation and negotiating agreements in lieu of the use of CPO powers.
- 2007 – LLB and LPC, Nottingham Law School, Nottingham
- 2006 – pGDL in Law, Nottingham Law School, Nottingham
- 2003 – BA Politics, University of Sheffield, Sheffield
Chair, Forum for the Built Environmental, Sheffield City Region Branch
Development Team member, Sheffield Property Association
Member, Women in Mining
Member, Compulsory Purchase Association
Westlaw insight page on Development consent order applications
May 2019 - RICS Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards Roadshow
June 2018 - RICS Environmental Law Update
October 2017 - RICS Sustainability Seminar