78 Cannon Street
Sandra Rafferty has been a partner in the Corporate group at CMS UK since 2001, and specialises in the infrastructure, energy and renewable sectors.
She advises a mixture of public and private sector organisations, developers, funds and other financial investors in the infrastructure and energy sectors. She has extensive experience advising on a wide range of corporate work, including mergers and acquisitions, where Sandra is particularly strong in cross-border M&A, joint ventures, consortium agreements, post-acquisition integration, corporate finance and corporate restructurings.
Sandra is ranked in the top tier of Chambers 2016 for infrastructure: PFI/PPP and is recommended in Legal 500 2017 for M&A (upper mid-market deals) and in the power sectors (including electricity, nuclear and renewables).
- Quad Gas Group on its purchase of a 61% stake in National Grid's £13.8bn UK gas distribution business and on the consortium agreement for the Quad Gas Group.
- USS on its acquisition of an additional 13.34% stake in Spanish gas distribution company Redexis Gas for approx. EUR 232m, the restructuring of Redexis Gas to enable USS to hold its overall 30% stake directly, and on the related consortium agreement.
- Basalt Infrastructure Partners on its acquisition of the North Sea emergency response and rescue services company, North Star Shipping, from Craig Group.
- Octopus Investments on its acquisition of a 140 megawatt portfolio of four UK-based onshore wind projects from renewable energy developer Blue Energy for GBP 182m.
- A bidder in relation to the Burbo Bank OFTO.
- Octopus Capital on a pre-sale reorganisation of Lightsource Renewable Energy Holdings Limited, including its related shareholder arrangements, and sale of a portfolio of solar PV assets to Fern Trading Limited, which is managed by Octopus Investments.
- First State Investments on the disposal of its interests in Newham Hospital PFI project to Equitix.
- A bidder on its proposed acquisition of UK Power Reserve, a developer and operator of smart flexible power generation.
- An unsuccessful bidder for Thames Tideway on its consortium arrangements.
- Eucalyptus Energy, which is owned by Octopus Investments, on its acquisition of MEIF Renewable Energy UK plc from the Macquarie Group.
- Allianz and UK’s Pensions Infrastructure Platform (PIP) PPP Equity Fund, which is managed by Dalmore Capital, on their acquisition of the Colchester Garrison PFI project through a series of acquisitions from Sir Robert McAlpine, InfraRed and Sodexo.
- Hermes GPE Infrastructure Fund on its joint venture arrangements for the Braes of Doune wind farm.
- A bidder for Terra Firma`s natural gas distribution business, Phoenix Group, in Northern Ireland.
- AMP Capital on its acquisition of a 49% stake in Newcastle Airport from Macquarie and on the resulting joint venture with the LA7.
- 1991 – Law Society Finals, College of Law, Chester
- 1990 – BA (Hons) in Law, Durham University, Durham