Head of Lifesciences, UK
Head of Lifesciences, UK
78 Cannon Street
Sarah Hanson is a Partner in the Technology team and is the UK representative for the management committee of the CMS Commercial Group. She works across a number of sectors but has a particular focus on lifesciences and consumer products. She is Head of the UK Lifesciences Sector Group.
She has specialised in high value, cross-border commercial, intellectual property and outsourcing transactions for more than 20 years having advised on a broad range of commercial agreements relating to in and out licensing, sales and distributor arrangements, research and development, manufacturing and supply, strategic alliances and joint ventures. During her time with the firm she has been on secondment with Warner Lambert (now part of Pfizer).
- Almirall SA on the transfer of its respiratory franchise to AstraZeneca for an initial consideration of USD 875m on completion and up to USD 1.22bn in development, launch and sales related milestone payments.
- PGT Healthcare LLP in relation to a collaboration with Swisse Wellness Group Party Limited in relation to vitamin, mineral and food supplement products across certain territories.
- Sinclair IS Pharma plc on an exclusive 100 year distribution arrangement with an affiliate of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc, for injectable aesthetic dermal filler products in Western Europe.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical on its EUR 9.6bn (debt-free cash free) acquisition of Swiss drug company, Nycomed.
- A retail company in relation to a comprehensive IT transformation project with a value of between GBP 1-2bn. The new IT operating model involves the appointment of a ‘service integrator’ supplier who will manage and integrate all IT services. The project also involves appointment of multiple IT “service tower” providers. This includes the following IT services: (i) End User Computing services; (ii) Network services (telecoms networks across company’s entire estate); (iii) Front Office services (front office IT applications including cash and stock management, retail and stock sales, branch accounting); and (iv) Back Office services (back office IT applications including HR, accounting and finance systems).
- Futura Medical, an AIM listed company, in relation to the licensing of its CSD500 product to major pharmaceutical and healthcare group, including Church & Dwight and Ansell. We have advised on the commercial agreements with contract manufacturers and own brand labellers as well as the associated technical and quality agreements.
- Camelot in respect of the establishment of the Euro Millions lottery and related matters.
- On the establishment of the Francis Crick Institute, a consortium of Cancer Research UK, the MRC, UCL and the Wellcome Trust, as a world leading establishment for medical research and innovation at Kings Cross, London, together with ongoing operational advice.
- Nestlé Health Science on its licence agreement with Lipid Therapeutics for exclusive rights to develop and commercialise a new therapeutic for treating mild to moderate ulcerative colitis.
- hVIVO plc, an AIM listed company, on its interests in PrEP Biopharm and also on PrEP Biopharm’s licensing arrangements with Janssen Pharmaceuticals with respect to technologies to be developed and commercialised for the treatment of a variety of respiratory viruses.
2004 – Intellectual Property Diploma, Bristol University, Bristol
1994 – Distinction, The College of Law, LPC, Chester
1993 – BA (Hons) Cantab Law 2:1, St John’s College, Cambridge
Biotech Industry Association
Society for Computers & Law
European Biopharmaceutical Review – eHealth opportunities for the biopharmaceutical industry
EU Pharma Law Conference – May 2015