78 Cannon Street
Satyen Dhana is a partner in the CMS Competition team. He has over 10 years of experience advising on all aspects of EU and UK competition issues in a variety of industry sectors, in particular advising clients in the Financial Services, Consumer Products, Infrastructure and TMC sectors.
He has advised on numerous merger notifications to the CMA, European Commission and in multi-jurisdictional cases, as well as on state aid, Article 101/Chapter I cartel investigations and Article 102/Chapter II dominance issues.
Satyen is recognised in various legal publications, and is in particular noted for his commercial approach and client service.
- A major UK bank on the Payment Systems Regulator’s market reviews into Indirect Access and Infrastructure.
- A major European bank on the European Commission’s investigation into alleged LIBOR and FX manipulation.
- A major global cosmetics brand on various UK acquisitions.
- InterContinental Hotels Group during the UK Office of Fair Trading’s investigation into allegedly anti-competitive restrictions imposed on online travel agents.
- South Staffordshire in the UK Competition Commission’s review of its acquisition of Cambridge Water.
- FirstGroup during the UK Competition Commission market investigation of the local bus market.
- A major publisher during the European Commission and UK authority’s investigations into e-books.
- Geely on its acquisition of Volvo.
2000 – LPC, College of Law, London
1999 – LLB Law with French Law, UCL, London