78 Cannon Street
Satyen Dhana is a partner in the CMS Competition team. He has over 15 years of experience advising on all aspects of EU and UK competition issues in a variety of industry sectors, in particular advising clients in the Financial Services, Consumer Products, Infrastructure and TMC sectors.
He has advised on numerous merger notifications to the CMA, European Commission and in multi-jurisdictional cases, as well as on state aid, Article 101/Chapter I cartel investigations and Article 102/Chapter II dominance issues.
Satyen is recognised in various legal publications,Chambers and Legal 500, as a ″rising star″, who is ″excellent″ has ″a very talented lawyer, with great client relationships and business sense″ and ″always willing to go the extra mile″.
Most recently, he has also been included in Who’s Who Legal: Competition Future Leaders in 2017.
- A number of parties in respect of various FCA competition market reviews.
- A major toy manufacturer on various global antitrust issues.
- A social media provider in respect of a number of investigations and regulatory reviews.
- A major UK bank on the Payment Systems Regulator’s market reviews into Indirect Access and Infrastructure.
- A major European bank on the European Commission’s investigation into alleged LIBOR and FX manipulation.
- The English and Welsh Cricket Board in respect of the sale of its broadcasting rights globally
- A major global cosmetics brand on various UK acquisitions.
- InterContinental Hotels Group during the UK Office of Fair Trading’s investigation into allegedly anti-competitive restrictions imposed on online travel agents.
- A major publisher during the European Commission and UK authority’s investigations into e-books.
2000 – LPC, College of Law, London
1999 – LLB Law with French Law, UCL, London