Stephen is the Head of the Reading Real Estate Group.
He acts on behalf of a broad range of clients in connection with their real estate requirements. He has particular expertise in advising institutional investors and funds on the acquisition, disposal and management of their commercial property portfolios.
He is also experienced in advising corporate occupiers in connection with the acquisition and disposal of high value office, industrial and retail/leisure premises and dealing with the real estate aspects of corporate transactions.
Stephen has been described as having a "pragmatic" approach and regularly provides strategic advice and creative solutions to assist clients, particularly in the early stages of commercial negotiations.
He qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2003.
- InfraRed Capital Partners, a leading global investment manager, on the acquisition and subsequent refurbishment and management of a number of shopping centre developments, including: The Galleries Shopping Centre, Bristol; Eastgate Shopping Centre, Basildon; and Mill Gate Shopping Centre, Bury.
- BMO Real Estate Partners on its acquisition of at Queensmead, Farnborough. This deal was the largest high street investment transaction in Q1 of 2016.
- Aberdeen Asset Management on behalf of the Alecta pension fund on the sale of a major multi-let retail parade in Southampton.
- Kennedy Wilson, the global real estate investment and services firm, on the sale of The Gates Shopping Centre, Durham.
- A&E Networks, on its acquisition of new office premises of ca. 20,000 sq feet at the recently-refurbished the One Queen Caroline Street development in Hammersmith.
- Côte Restaurants, on a new lease of restaurant premises at the £100 million mixed-use Brewery Square scheme at the former Eldridge Pope Brewery in Dorchester’s town centre.
- CareerBuilder, a leading US recruitment website, on the acquisition of new UK head office premises.
- BDO LLP on the real estate aspects of its merger with PKF (UK) LLP to create a leading accountancy and advisory firm, with some 3,500 people working in the UK generating revenues approaching £400million.
- A leading international pharmaceutical company on the sale of land and buildings for redevelopment purposes.
- ITV on the real estate aspects of its acquisitions of So Television, Big Talk and The Garden Productions.
1998 – LLB (Hons) European Law, University of the West of England, Bristol
2001 – Legal Practice Course, College of Law, Chester
2003 – Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales