78 Cannon Street
Tamsin Blow is a Partner in the Litigation and Arbitration Group, specialising in commercial, media and public law dispute resolution. Tamsin draws on over ten years’ experience with the firm to offer clients strategic and commercial advice on potential and on-going disputes.
Tamsin acts in substantial commercial disputes including multi-jurisdictional fraud cases for claimants (such as the former subsidiaries of Yukos Oil) and defendants.
Tamsin supports clients through reputation management issues and times of crisis. She draws on her expertise in defamation, data protection and privacy law and her investigations experience, including as advisor to News International in relation to the voicemail interception crisis.
Tamsin also has particular expertise advising gambling operators on a full range of contentious legal and regulatory issues, including supplier disputes, customer disputes, judicial reviews, Gambling Commission investigations and licence reviews and anti-money laundering and social responsibility policies and procedures.
Tamsin is a strong supporter of CMS’ CSR programme, in particular co-ordinating support for the Ladies Day initiative by Whitechapel Mission, which provides support to the homeless and vulnerable in East London.
- Judicial review before the English Court of legislation introducing point of consumption licensing and taxation of remote gambling and a reference to the Court of Justice of the European Union on behalf of the Gibraltar Betting and Gaming Association.
- Yukos entities and former senior management in multi-jurisdictional litigation arising out of the misappropriation of assets and related issues.
- Successful Supreme Court challenge of HMRC decision to disclose confidential information regarding Ingenious Media and its CEO.
- Obtaining interim injunction for defamation, final judgment for defamation, strike out of conspiracy claim and several civil restraint orders on behalf of international accountancy firm.
- Defendant to $120m fraud claim by Kazakh bank JSC BTA against former Chief Executive Mukhtar Ablyazov.
- Secondment to the Management and Standards Committee of News International during the voicemail interception litigation and acting on the civil cases.
- 2006 – LPC, Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, Oxford
- 2005 – GDL, Oxford Brookes, Oxford
- 2003 – BA Hons, Cambridge