20 Castle Terrace
Timothy Pitt is a partner working in the Real Estate and Energy sectors. He also advises on general commercial matters.
He is dual-qualified in Scots and English law with over 25 years of experience working with organisations all over the world. Tim combines his private practice experience with in-house experience built through secondments to energy operators, wind farm developers and service companies. He regularly acts for international and cross-border clients in transactional and developmental real estate projects.
With a strong energy background, he provides real estate support on energy and corporate projects. He has advised on renewable developments (wind, wave and hydro) and the sale/purchase of operational assets.
In transactional real estate matters, he advises on cross-border deals, working closely with the London and European offices and leading on matters involving sale and purchase, landlord and tenant, and development/investment.
Tim established the Real Estate practice for CMS in Aberdeen and repeated the exercise in Edinburgh.
He has lectured on differences between Scots and English real estate law. He is a Writer to the Signet and was elected a High Constable of Edinburgh in 2008.
- SSE as team leader on the real estate aspects of the development and sale of the Cour, Blackcraig and Whiteside Hill consented wind farm developments (with a combined installed capacity of up to 98.7MW when constructed) in Scotland for an undisclosed sum.
- Scottish Water as landlord in a proposed wind farm development on all real estate related matters in negotiating the Option and Lease including title due diligence, site access, title security and complex pollution and indemnity control provisions.
- Statoil on offshore wind demonstration project, dealing with all landward elements, including long lease of sub-station site, cable routes and landfall.
- Force 9 Energy on the development of onshore wind farms, including Heads of Terms, Exclusivity Agreement, Option and Lease and full title due diligence on site assembly and reporting.
- Wind Prospect as the lead lawyer on onshore wind farm developments, with time on secondment. Advising on Heads of Terms and title due diligence, Option, Site Survey Agreements and Leases. Advising on neighbour rights issues, planning agreements and road transport issues.
- Close Brothers Leasing, funders in onshore wind farm projects, as Real Estate Team Leader on Leases, Step-in Agreements and Standard Securities, full title reporting and Leases.
- National Grid on Scots law aspects of landfall for HV DC cable route, including dealing with The Crown Estate on foreshore matters and title registration.
- Aberdeen Asset Management on the re-development of a listed multi-use retail premises in central Edinburgh, described as the most exciting city-centre redevelopment in over 30 years, involving existing lease termination, new construction and securing international technology & communications anchor tenant, hotel tenant and other retailers.
- Avaloq, the Swiss banking software developers, on the lease for their Scottish headquarters and research and development centre in Edinburgh, their first outside Switzerland.
- Sainsbury’s on a number of superstore and convenience store developments, including c80,000 sq ft Edinburgh supermarket and Petrol Filling Station.
- 2002 - Notary Public Writer to Her Majesty's Signet.
- 1996 - Diploma in Oil; and Gas Law, Centre for Energy, University of Dundee, Dundee
- 1991 - Dip LP, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen
- 1990 - LLM, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen
- 1989 - LLB (Hons), University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen