Highlights of our experience in Primary Markets in the UK
Infrastructure & Projects
- Nottingham Tramlink on the Tramlink consortium (Alstom, Vinci, Keolis, Meridiam, Ofi-Infravia and Wellglade) in relation to the Nottingham Express Phase 2 PPP Project involving the termination of the incumbent PPP contractor, the operation of the existing tram network and the design, build, finance, operation and maintenance of two new connecting tram lines.
- Mersey Gateway on the Merseylink Consortium (FCC, Kier and Samsung) in relation to the GBP 600m PFI project to construct a new 6 lane toll bridge across the River Mersey.
- Alder Hey Children’s Hospital PFI Project - The John Laing / Laing O’Rourke / Interserve consortium in relation to the ground-breaking Alder Hey Children’s Hospital PFI (PF2) project and its subsequent incorporation of additional outpatient facilities.
- London Underground PPP on the Metronet consortium in relation to its successful bids for two of the three infrastructure maintenance contracts for the London Underground PPP, one of largest and most complex PPP projects undertaken to date.
- NATS (National Air Traffic Services) PPP UK on the funders on the initial acquisition in the bank and bond markets and its subsequent refinancing and restructuring.
- Sheffield Biomass on Equitix in relation to the innovative energy from biomass facility in Sheffield.
- Allenby & Connaught on the largest and most complex PFI accommodation project undertaken to date. Project Allenby & Connaught involved the construction and refurbishment of military accommodation, offices, workshops and other similar assets at Army garrisons at Aldershot and on Salisbury Plain in Southern England on behalf of the Ministry of Defence. The firm acted for Aspire Defence Limited and the project is estimated to be worth more than GBP 11.5bn over its full term.
- Leeds Social Housing on the Assured Guaranty as financial guarantor in connection with the GBP 100m listed bond for the Leeds Social Housing Project which reached financial close in 2013. This was the first guaranteed listed bond deal since 2008.
- Buckinghamshire Waste on the FCC consortium on the energy-from-waste PFI project.
- Priority Schools Building Programme (PSBP) and Building Schools for the Future (BSF) programme on Equitix-led consortium in relation to Derbyshire County Council BSF and Cambridgeshire County Council BSF projects. Also advised funders on 3 phases of the Barnsley BSF projects as well as BSF projects in Bradford, Halton & Warrington, Barking & Dagenham, Coventry, Bristol, Kent, Tyneside, Islington, Ealing and Hertfordshire. Advising Laing O’Rourke and Equitix on the Yorkshire batch of PSBP.
Please download the print version below.
PDF 159.5 kB