Károlyi utca 12
István Pozsgay is an Of Counsel in the Insurance Group of CMS Budapest.
István is an experienced commercial, transactional and regulatory legal professional, who worked for several US-based insurance companies in Hungary prior joining CMS. He served as Head of Legal and Data Protection Officer at MetLife Hungary and prior to that, he held various key positions at AIG/ALICO Hungary.
Besides insurance regulatory matters, István also has robust experience in compliance and data protection matters, including the implementation of integrated privacy governance and data protection systems, implementation and maintenance of compliance policies and procedures as well as risk management protocols.
- MetLife/Alico on a buyout process (international M&A) and MetLife/Aviva on a buyout process (local project) with strong regulatory implications.
- Supervising the implementation of several complex regulatory initiatives in the insurance sector.
- Review and development of insurance products.
- 2003 - Registered Insurance lawyer
- 1991 - Faculty of Law, Cum Laude, Eötvös Loránd University, Hungary
- 1996 - Budapest Bar Association