Károlyi utca 12
Péter Tóth is a senior associate and has been a member of the Corporate/M&A practice at CMS Budapest from 2000.
Péter has acquired in-depth experience in a wide-range of corporate transactions, focusing primarily on cross-border mergers and acquisitions; due diligence exercises, joint ventures and venture capital deals. Péter has also gained experience in banking and finance transactions. He is skilled in tax-driven corporate and commercial restructurings as well as advising day-to-day clients.
- MKB Bank
- on the sale of 100% of MKB Bank's shareholding in MKB Unionbank EAD, to First Investment Bank.
- on the divestment of its Romanian leasing subsidiary to Trendo Automotive SRL (a member of the International Leasing Group) a large Romanian leasing business, as part of our client's strategic exit from the Romanian market.
- in relation to the sale of its 96.3% stake in the Romania-based Nextebank SA, to a Dutch SPV of Emerging Europe Accession Fund, a private equity fund managed by Axxess Capital, whose main investors include EBRD, EIF, DEG and BSTDB as part of our client's strategic exit from the Romanian market.
- on cross-border transactions, including the outsourcing of CRM to APC Holding SE. CRM involves the non-performing loans of the bank in Romania.
- Lufthansa Systems on the sale of IT infrastructure business line of Lufthansa Systems to IBM in Hungary
- Puma in relation to the reorganisation of its entire business operation in Hungary into branch form by way of business transfer from its Hungarian subsidiary to a newly established branch of a Czech group company.
- Siemens/Osram on the cross-border merger of Osram in Hungary (subsidiary of Siemens) into the Slovak subsidiary Osram AG (subsidiary of Siemens).
- Fairmont Hotels on the cross-border merger of its Hungarian entity into Fairmont in Luxembourg. The complexity of the transaction lies within the fact that the place of the central management of the Hungarian entity has previously been moved to Luxembourg.
- CIB Bank (Intesa Sanpaolo) in connection with its group restructuring (mergers and demergers).
- ECCO Shoes in relation to the cross-border merger and restructuring of its operation in Hungary.
- Advent International the leading private equity firm and longstanding client of the firm Advent International on its agreement to acquire Provimi Pet Food (PPF) from the Provimi Group. The enterprise value is 188 million EUR with PPF being the third largest producer of private label wet and dry pet food in Europe.
- Erste Bank in connection with the restructuring of the leasing and factoring business of the group, and on the merger procedure.
- AXA Hungary in the cross-border merger and restructuring of the banking group.
- Siemens on its demerger of its healthcare business line.
- 2001 - Doctor of Law, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest
- 1999 - Master of Arts, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest
- Member, Budapest Bar Association